How to Submit
How to Submit an Abstract
Anyone interested in the advancement of geography may submit an abstract to the AAG Annual Meeting. The AAG accepts all submitted abstracts and organized sessions for presentation.
1. Register for the conference
2. Visit the abstract and session submission console
3. Select "Submit an Abstract"
4. Select the appropriate abstract type for your presentation
5. Follow the onscreen prompts and formatting guidelines listed below
6. Click "Save and Submit" (note: abstracts that are saved but not submitted cannot be organized into sessions)
7. Check for confirmation via email that your abstract has been submitted
AAG recommends submitting your abstract early to ensure you are placed in a session appropriate for your presentation topic. You may edit your abstract until February 23, 2018, although keep in mind that your abstract will be placed into a session by session organizers or the Program Committee well before then.
What happens next
Once you have submitted your abstract, it will be placed into a session through one of the following methods:
For Paper, Illustrated Paper, and Interactive Short Paper abstracts, you may a) organize a session around the topic of your own presentation, b) communicate with an organizer via the Session Gallery about joining his/her session, or c) wait for your abstract to be added to a session by the Program Committee in December 2017.
For Poster abstracts, your abstract will be added to a general poster session by the Program Committee no later than February 23, 2018.
Once you have been added to a session, you will see it listed upon login to the abstract and session submission console.