The AAG and its contracted facilities are working to improve conference accessibility for all participants. This includes reasonable accommodations as specified by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Please make accommodations requests as soon as you know you will need them and if possible, no later than one month prior to the meeting. This provides both AAG and its contracted facilities lead time for ensuring optimal access, e.g. contracting with sign language interpreters.
The request form is available here and also below.
Accessibility in New Orleans
- Street closures will allow for extended crossing times when traveling across Canal Street between the Marriott and Sheraton.
- All meeting rooms are wheelchair-accessible. Volunteers and staff will be available to move chairs as needed to make space for wheelchairs. Attendees are also reminded to keep aisles clear in meeting rooms to allow for easy wheelchair access.
- Most meeting rooms do not have stages. The very few that do have wheelchair-accessible ramps or lifts for easy access.
- AAG has negotiated discounted rates for attendees renting mobility equipment in New Orleans. Please use the following link and the discount code AAG1810 to receive 10% off, free pickup and delivery, and access to 24-hour support during the rental period: http://www.totalaccessmobility.com/contact.html.
- Microphones in meeting rooms will be mobile to allow attendees utilizing wheelchairs to present from a lower vantage point.
Chemical and Food Sensitivities
- AAG asks that all attendees to minimize their use of strongly scented products that trigger reactions such as respiratory distress, nausea, and headaches.
- There will be designated contacts for any attendee with questions regarding accessibility or accommodations available at the Onsite Registration Desk.
Please direct all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.