Priority Deadline: November 7, yearly (Any applications received after this time will be considered on a case by case basis, if there are remaining funds)
The AAG will allocate approximately $30,000 to support participation of distinguished non-geographers in the Annual Meeting. The purpose of the Enrichment Fund is to enrich the AAG Annual Meeting by providing funds for individuals who likely would not participate in an AAG meeting without the awards. Requests for reimbursement of lodging, meeting registration fees, subsistence, and travel will be considered on a competitive basis. Enrichment funds may not be used for honoraria.
Approximately 200 applications are received each year. The selection committee typically makes awards ranging from $50 to $500.
To apply for meeting enrichment funds, fill out the online application to the AAG Annual Meeting Enrichment Funds Committee that:
- Identifies the individual to be contacted about the outcome of the request.
- Enumerates the total amount required to underwrite the individual's participation in the meeting, and the share of that total requested from enrichment funds (cost sharing is strongly encouraged).
- Lists the name, affiliation, complete address, telephone number, and e-mail address of the individual for whom support is requested.
- Details how the individual will participate in the AAG meeting, including the title(s) of his or her presentation(s).
- Explains how the individual's presentation will enhance the AAG meeting.
- Specifies the individual(s) or group(s) sponsoring the individual's participation.
Requests will be evaluated by the Enrichment Funds Committee on the basis of how and to what degree the presentation(s) will enrich the AAG Annual Meeting. Decisions will be emailed to the contact person within several weeks of the priority deadline.